Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Nueva Ecija : Rice Bowl of the Philippines


Etymology
Spanish for "New Écija", in honor of the hometown of province's first Spanish governor (Gov. Acuyar) in Andalusia, Spain.


  Last January, we had our trip to Nueva Ecija. I feasted my eyes on the greeny surroundings, giving justice for being the largest rice producer of Central Luzon.
We went to Aliaga and discovered a simple and peaceful baranggay. I daresay I like the simplicity; houses stand alone surrounded by rice crops and mango trees.
I would love to discover more of the province when I came back. I've heard about Minalungao National Park in General Tinio, Rizal Hot Spring and Palaspas Falls in San Jose City.





                     I love these sunset shots! I might not be a pro but I like how different colors come out  from different angles.







Cheers for future explorations! It's more fun in the Philippines!

No comments:

Post a Comment